Hotel du Vin Data Protection Notice
This is the website address where you can always view the copy:
Malmaison and Hotel du Vin Hotels Group
3rd Floor, 95 Cromwell Road, London, SW7 4DL
( 0330 016 0380 (Malmaison)
( 0330 016 0390 (Hotel du Vin)
Malmaison/Hotel du Vin is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office. The details of our main central registration can be found below:
Data Controller Name: MALMAISON HOTEL DU VIN HOLDINGS LIMITED
Registration Number: ZA031611
Date Registered: 20 December 2013
Questions or Complaints
Should you have any questions or concerns about our processing of your personal data, please contact our Information Governance Manager:
Collection and Use
Malmaison/Hotel du Vin collect personal information from you if you register online with us, or carry out transactions for goods and services via our website or our hotels. It may also be sent to us by third party agents or services that you engage with to make your reservation.
In summary, we use the personal information collected for the purposes of:
- providing reservation and booking services for our venues;
- internal analysis, advertising & marketing purposes;
- keeping records and accounts;
- crime prevention and detection (including CCTV at hotel sites);
- maintaining health and safety records
Lawful Basis for Processing
We process this data where:
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract or for entering into a contract – for example, booking a room or other service and our provision of relevant communications about that;
- we have obtained your consent to process – for example, to send you details of our exclusive offers and other marketing and sales communications;
- it is necessary in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation – for example, accident reporting, provision of wi-fi services, premises licensing;
- it is necessary for vital interests relating to you or another person – for example, avoiding serious risk or harm to you or others;
- it is necessary for our legitimate interests which include our commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focussed and efficient manner.
We share the personal data we collect:
- with our sister brand Hotel du Vin/Malmaison for central administration purposes;
- with our parent company Frasers Property for internal audit purposes and some centralised system administration.
- with third party service providers under specific contract terms, whose services we employ as a data processor to conduct our business and in relation to any supply of products and/or services by us.
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
We follow strict security procedures as to how your personal data is stored and used, and who sees it, to help stop any unauthorised person accessing it.
To manage our legitimate business interests we will transfer your personal data outside of the EEA in respect of some of our central administration and management and some of our services. Where this takes place we will ensure that your data is protected and treated as if it were being processed in the EU.
You have a number of rights in relation to our handling of your data. These include the following:
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please speak with our staff or directly contact our Information Governance Manager by email.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority. For the UK, and in respect of data processing by Malmaison and Hotel du Vin Hotels, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
https://ico.org.uk/ ( 0303 123 1113 ( +44 1625 545 700 (if outside the UK)
Right to Withdraw Consent
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from our company, please indicate this preference at our personal data collection points.
If you provide consent but later change your mind, you can opt out of our advertising and marketing communications at any time by any of the following methods:
- selecting the UNSUBSCRIBE link included in our emails or on our website;
- editing your Malmaison/ Hotel du Vin website account profile to change your communication preferences;
- contacting our Marketing Team:
- responding to our newsletter feedback link in our communication
- contacting our Information Governance Manager.